If you’re looking for the answer to how to change your WiFi password so don’t worry you land on the right spot. Almost most of the router has a router admin panel where you can change settings according to your need but first, you have to know some information such as IP address, username, and password. If you already have the required information, So let’s move on to the main process:
Steps to Change Wifi Password for –
- Login into the router admin panel on your web browser using the default IP address – 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.10.253
- Enter the username and password. ( If you’re using a fresh out of the box router then we suggest you use the default credentials – admin/admin)
- Go to Wireless > Wireless Security > WPA/WPA2 – Personal (Recommended)
- You will find the Wireless Password box, enter your preferred password, and save the setting.
Tip: Always use a password that contains 8-16 character length and alphanumeric.
- Open router settings page using the default IP address – 192.168.1.200 or 192.168.1.1
- Put the default username and password.
- Go on Wireless > Wireless Security > Security Mode set to WPA2 only > Pre-Shared Key: Now add your preferred password.
- Save the settings and reboot the router.
- Open router admin panel on web browser using default IP address – 192.168.1.1 / 192.168.0.1
- Enter the default username and password.
- Navigate to Wireless > Security Option > click on WPA2-PSK[AES] > Enter your new password.
- Save the changes and reboot the router.
Tip: If you’re facing any issue so we recommend you guys to check out our complete guide about 192.168.1.1 Router Admin Login
We hope you will learn how to change the wifi password, but still, if your find any difficulty or an issue related to this blog please let us know by commenting down below so more people can read and solve the issue.