If you ever set up any router so you will how important is IP for the setup process or if you want to access your router’s admin panel to change the password of your router or change the default username or password.
An IP address consists of four numbers separated by dots. A private or default IP address will start with 192.168. Mostly the default IP of any router is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Depending on the router or your device.
To find the router IP address, Here are steps:
- Open Command Prompt or press Win+R on your keyboard and type CMD, and hit enter.
- A black window will open, Now type ipconfig, and press enter.
- Find Default Gateway Address, here you can see your default IP address.
They are several ways to find the router IP address but here we have shown you the simplest way.
- Click on the Apple menu on top of the screen
- Choose System Preference
- Click on the Network icon.
- Choose the relevant network connection
- Click on Advance
- Click on TCP/IP, and here you have your default IP address.
- Go to Application
- Click on System Tools
- Click on Terminal
- Now type here ipconfig, and press enter
- You will get your router’s default IP address beside the “inet addr”.
If your device has iOS9 or iOS8, then try this method:
- Go to Settings
- Click on WiFi and select Wireless Network (Which you’re connected to)
- Find DHCP select and you will see the default IP address
Install an app from the Play store name Wi-Fi Analyzer, this method is the easiest method for all the versions of android you currently running on.
- Open the app, and click on View
- Choose AP list
- You can see Connected to: [Network Name], if you tap on it a popup window will appear with IP address and other Wireless network information.
Nowadays, most router manufacturers have put a sticker back of the router with default IP, Username, and Password. We hope this blog will find you informative but if you are stuck at any point in these steps, So please drop a comment and we will reply to your comment as soon as possible.